We were picked up at 8:00 am and taken to Second Baptist Church for the morning meetings. Danilo and I had a time of prayer before we spoke to the youth on the subject of love as the foundation on which all surrender to God must be built. A number of youth shared with me that the message was quite refreshing to them.
I have been speaking with my translator over the last few days about the possibility of him translating a book for me. This afternoon we finalised thedetails. He will translate my commentary on the Epistles of John and Jude for $300. This represents over a year's salary for him but saves me a tremendous amount of money at the standard rate for translation. We are both happy with the arrangement.
I met a number of Christian Bolivian students in the evening who were studying medicine in Cuba. They said that many Bolivians come to Cuba for this purpose. This is obviously an indication of the good educational system here in this country.
The evening service was about three hours long. I was impressed with the quality of musicians, the joy the Cubans have in singing and worshipping their Lord and their openness to the Word of God.
We returned home by about midnight.